We are looking for a Brazil-based technology attorney to join our legal team to serve as the Head of Legal for Elo7.
As the Head of Legal for Elo7, you will be a key advisor to Elo7’s leadership team, including its product, engineering, marketing, and customer support teams. You will also drive and support the integration of Elo7 into Etsy’s House of Brands and serve as the main legal liaison with Etsy’s legal department. Do you find providing commercial and transactional legal support to a growing global business exciting? If so, this role could be an outstanding match.
This is a full-time position. The role will be employed by and embedded within the Elo7 business in Sao Paulo but report to the Director, AGC, M&A, and Commercial of Etsy, based in NYC.
We offer flexible workplace policies that can accommodate candidates who prefer a hybrid work environment (work from home and work in our Sao Paulo office location 2-3 times per week) offer flexible workplace policies that can accommodate work from home candidates who are comfortable traveling to our Elo7 office location 2-3 times per week (once business travel resumes). There will be periodic travel required to the Etsy group headquarters HQ in Brooklyn, New York.
● Be responsible for counseling Elo7 on a wide range of legal matters, including commercial, product, marketing, privacy, and IP matters.
● Provide technical legal expertise to the Elo7 team and the business in all key legal areas.
● Be expected to issue spot and work with SMEs even in areas outside of your primary responsibility, such as employment law, securities laws, payments regulation, or compliance.
● Be comfortable answering new questions, solving uncharted problems, and working collaboratively with business teams to meet the needs of our fast-paced environment.
● Evaluate risks and opportunities related to the company’s media assets and priorities, including marketing campaigns.
● Interface frequently with the senior leadership at Elo7.
● Be mindful that the company is your client, and advocate and protect your client.
● Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at the company’s discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Ideally, you bring:
● Bachelor’s degree in law, advanced degree, and English language legal education or training strongly preferred. Qualified to practice law in Brazil.
● 7+ years experience working in a combination of law firm and in-house settings, with a strong preference for experience supporting a Brazilian subsidiary for a U.S. multinational parent company.
● Fluency in both English and Portuguese.
● The experienced attorney dealing with product development and commercial support issues for tech and e-commerce companies, including web and mobile app development, privacy (Brazil and US regs), intermediary liability, Ad technologies, cookies and trackers, accessibility, and more.
● Experience advising internal clients and business partners on marketing and media-related matters, including advertising campaigns (Brazil/US), social media reviews, and consumer and business insights;
● Experience being the primary point of contact with clients, and taking the lead in managing the legal side of a project.
● Effective communication skills verbally and in writing- speaking to technical SMEs or business leaders in plain language, without legal jargon
● Executive presence and are passionate about clearly articulating risk and strategies to mitigate risk to clients and executives.
● Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
● Excellent business, negotiation, and presentation skills. You can read a spreadsheet, build a deck, analyze, and communicate the information into simple, effective messaging to others. Ability to explain local legal and/or risk issues to US-based stakeholders and partners.
● The most important quality for success is good judgment. Knowing when to say “no”, “yes” or “maybe, but...” and you also know when to advance.
● You could work in many places, but you want to work at Elo7 because you recognize that having the chance to contribute impactful work and grow companies with amazing missions is rare.
O Elo7 é o maior site de produtos autorais do Brasil. Formamos a maior comunidade de vendedores criativos e buscamos fomentar o comércio de produtos autorais. Muito mais que um site, o Elo7 nasceu em 2008 com a missão de transformar a vida das pessoas através de um ambiente humanizado de compra e venda que conecta e inspira, conferindo significado a cada transação realizada.
Trabalhamos para desenvolver as melhores tecnologias e oferecer aos vendedores soluções simples e práticas para o gerenciamento de suas vendas e para os compradores, uma experiência de compra fora de série.
Nossa cultura é pautada nos nossos principais valores:
Somos uma empresa #foradeserie, e nos comprometemos com a construção de um ambiente de trabalho diverso. Por isso, todas as candidaturas feitas serão consideradas sem distinção de raça, etnia, religião, identidade de gênero, orientação sexual, nacionalidade, deficiência ou idade. 💛