We are looking for a Brazil-based Senior Compliance Manager to join our Global Legal Compliance team. You will be a trusted advisor to Elo7’s leadership team, the business, and first-line compliance functions. You will also drive and support the integration of Elo7 into Etsy’s House of Brands.
The Etsy Compliance Team oversees a global compliance program. Our compliance program covers areas including anti-corruption, anti-money laundering, fraud, sanctions, privacy, information security, acceptable use, payments, employment, third party management, product safety, and antitrust. We are the second line of our decentralized Compliance program, advising and overseeing first-line operational compliance functions such as Trust & Safety, Payments, Privacy, Strategic Sourcing, Information Security, Human Resources, and Finance.
This is a full-time position. The role will be employed by and embedded within the Elo7 business in Sao Paulo but report to the Director, Global Compliance Strategy at Etsy, based in NYC.
We offer flexible workplace policies that can accommodate candidates who prefer a hybrid work environment (work from home and work in our Sao Paulo office location 2-3 times per week once our team returns to the office). Periodic travel will be required to the Etsy group headquarters HQ in Brooklyn, New York (once business travel resumes).
In this role you will:
- Play a key role in the design, integration, implementation, and operations of Elo 7’s Compliance Program.
- Lead Elo7’s program operations including policies and procedures; controls; training; confidential reporting; gifts and hospitality requests; investigations; third party management; gap assessments; risk assessments; testing and monitoring; and continuous improvement.
- Project manage cross-functional compliance initiatives.
- Assist in advising and developing processes and product solutions that address compliance requirements.
- Work closely with other First Line teams including in matrixed partnerships at both the group and subsidiary level.
- Perform research on emerging regulatory risks/best practices.
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy's discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Requirements and skills
Ideally, you'll bring/have/be:
- 8+ years of compliance-related experience either working in-house, consulting, and/or forensics experience. Experience working at a Big Four and/or in tech is a plus.
- Possess compliance-related certifications (e.g. CFE, CCEP-I).
- Experience working at a Brazilian subsidiary for a U.S. multinational parent company.
- Fluency in both English and Portuguese.
- Ability to explain local legal and/or risk issues to US-based stakeholders and partners.
- Self-starter and who can put their mark on new and existing initiatives.
- You never settle for the status quo and strive for continuous improvement.
- Experience designing, implementing, integrating, and managing compliance programs, preferably for a diverse mix of clients or business models.
- Knowledgeable in compliance areas related to our program and local regulatory requirements.
- Analytical and data-driven. You analyze information, identify risks and develop recommendations.
- Embrace cross-functional projects and have experience managing them.
- Stay current on emerging compliance risks and have the ability to activate them, as applicable.
- Effective communication skills with executive presence -- verbally and in writing. You can speak to technical experts or business leaders, to junior engineers, in plain language, without jargon.
- Excellent business, negotiation, and presentation skills. You can read a spreadsheet, build a deck, analyze, and communicate the information into simple, effective messaging to others.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- The most important quality for success is good judgment. Knowing when to say “no”, “yes” or “maybe, but...” and you also know when to advance.
- You could work in many places, but you want to work at Elo7 because you recognize that having the chance to contribute impactful work and grow a company with a compelling mission is a rare opportunity.
VENHA FAZER PARTE DESSE TIME #FORADESÉRIE!
O Elo7 é o maior site de produtos autorais do Brasil. Formamos a maior comunidade de vendedores criativos e buscamos fomentar o comércio de produtos autorais. Muito mais que um site, o Elo7 nasceu em 2008 com a missão de transformar a vida das pessoas através de um ambiente humanizado de compra e venda que conecta e inspira, conferindo significado a cada transação realizada.
Trabalhamos para desenvolver as melhores tecnologias e oferecer aos vendedores soluções simples e práticas para o gerenciamento de suas vendas e para os compradores, uma experiência de compra fora de série.
- O Elo7 foi eleito uma das 250 melhores empresas para você trabalhar pela Revista Você/SA;
- Somos as 30 PMEs mais amadas, segundo o Glassdoor (antigo Love Mondays);
- Somos uma das 22 empresas mais Humanizadas do país, segundo o Instituto Capitalismo Consciente Brasil (2018/2019).
- 1º lugar - Iniciativas de Economia Colaborativa - Júri Popular (2020).
- Rating BBB - Pesquisa Empresas Humanizadas do Brasil (2020)
Nossa cultura é pautada nos nossos principais valores:
- Criatividade: estimulamos a intervenção humana como algo insubstituível. Nosso ambiente é inspirador;
- Colaboração: valorizamos o trabalho em equipe e as habilidades individuais. Incentivamos o empreendedorismo e formamos um time fora de série;
- Tecnologia e Inovação: Utilizamos a tecnologia para melhorar continuamente nosso negócio. Transformamos e conectamos pessoas.
Somos uma empresa #foradeserie, e nos comprometemos com a construção de um ambiente de trabalho diverso. Por isso, todas as candidaturas feitas serão consideradas sem distinção de raça, etnia, religião, identidade de gênero, orientação sexual, nacionalidade, deficiência ou idade. 💛
SAIBA MAIS SOBRE A GENTE EM NOSSOS CANAIS OFICIAIS: